Thursday, January 28, 2010

Official Release Date for Hearts in Flight

I received word today from my publisher that Hearts in Flight, published as Robin Lea, will be officially released on March 22, 2010. That means that, while it is currently available to order online through publishamerica.com, it will soon be in a retail or bookstore near you for purchase!
Maybe I'm a little more excited than I should be, since I don't know how many stores will actually pick up the book from a new, unknown author at a small publishng company, and I certainly don't know how many people will buy the book. But the fact that it'll be out there makes me incredibly happy and nervous all at the same time.
It's the day I've waited for, and I don't think I could have done better on a first go round than Hearts in Flight. I mean, I should feel lucky that it got picked up on the first try, especially since I can't seem to evoke such a positive response from any literary agents regarding my next hopeful publication. Still, it's nerver-racking, and I can't help but think "no one's going to like it" or "people will think I'm stupid when they read it".
I don't know - I love it, but then, I'm biased, and that's not a fair judgment. I can only hope everyone else falls in love with it, too, so that I can move on and become the writer I've always wanted to be. Wish me luck, and offer me support - buy your copy of Hearts in Flight, then let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment