Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally Published

For years, I've been writing stories down for my own entertainment, dreaming of the day I would be a published author. Decades later, inspiration hit, and apparently PublishAmerica thought so, too, because they picked up my book and ran with it.
As of yesterday, Hearts in Flight by Robin Lea (that's me) is available for purchase online and, soon, in a bookstore near you.
Passionate about reading myself, I am incredibly picky about the authors I read. Therefore, I tried desperately to immulate the best of those I respect. At the same time, I tried to spin a tale that I enjoyed reading and felt was unique among the millions of books already out there. Hence, my creation is a combination of pure romance, fantasy, adventure, and the new genre called chick-lit, and I called it Hearts in Flight.
Meet Leah Hargrove, who starts out down and out but quickly latches onto Shane, a great guy - at least, on the surface. Shane is part of a community of skydivers, and Leah gets wrapped up in the world, taking a job at the local dropzone, which leads her to become close to Casey Matthews and, eventually, his friend, Nick Wells.
Now, what Leah doesn't know is that Casey and Nick (and Casey's older brother) have a little secret. They are all shapeshifters, who become dragons. Trying to understand their own abilities from the time they are adolescents, these boys take flight both in human form as skydivers and in dragon form.
As time passes, though, Leah begins to realize that Shane is not what he seemed to be, either. For years, she maintains her relationship, but as things worsen, she starts to consider making a change. Still, she feels dedicated to Shane. She is entirely unaware of the danger she is in - both physically and emotionally.
Now, certain aspects of personality or physical appearance of the characters in Hearts in Flight are based on people in my own life, and as a member of the Skydive Dallas community, I obviously played off my own experience to create a scenario for the action. However, the events of the book have no bearing on real life. If I wanted to write about reality, I'd stick with non-fiction. Using my imagination to create an entertaining storyline is MUCH more fun.
Hearts in Flight is just a beginning - I already have three more books in the works that I'll eventually be submitting for publication, one of which should turn into a short series. In the meantime, support a girl and order a copy of Hearts in Flight today at http://www.publishamerica.net/product88755.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment